Saturday 27 September 2014

Latest Make ~ Tessuti's Esther Shorts




I loved these shorts from the instant I saw them on my news feed, in fact I loved them so much I did a shameless copycat and made mine exactly the same as Tessuti's sample. I have always loved Hawaiian prints and can I tell you finding a nice natural fibre fabric with a pretty Hawaiian print is nearly impossible which is why I snapped this fabric up. I believe the black colourway is sold out online but think they may still have it in navy and cream colourways.




The pattern is a high waist vintage style cut with back darts and the side seams are slightly to the front which is very flattering. Tessuti describe this pattern as being super-simple to sew and I couldn't agree more. I made these up in an hour including cutting out and marking. I made this up in a straight size 10 no changes and the fit was spot on, I have NEVER made a pair of high waist shorts that fit me both at waist and hips so I was very pleased. I have since made a pair in black linen which is not as fun as the Hawaiian print but very handy addition to my spring/summer wardrobe.





If you are after a cute pair of shorts for summer definitely give this pattern a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment